Source: Sony Movie Channel Press Release
Here are some November highlights from the Sony Movie Channel:
|Photo Source: Sony Movie Channel|
- Sony puts the spotlight on filmmaker Jeff Nichols and actor Michael Shannon with two movies. The first one is "Shotgun Stories"at 10 p.m. EST and the second is "Take Shelter," which airs at 11:40 p.m. EST. Both are premieres.
- The network premiere of the '80s movie "ZAPPED" will be airing at 10 p.m. EST. Scott Baio stars as a nerdy teenager that gets telekinetic powers.
- When a wealthy industrialist (Wilford Brimley) goes missing, hotshot biplane pilot (Tom Selleck) must venture into hostile territory to rescue the man from a warlord's clutches.
- Starting at 8 p.m. EST, Sony Movie Channel will be celebrating election night with some political thrillers. The first is the premiere of the Shanter movie "The Kidnapping of the President." After that is the Clint Eastwood movie, "In The Line of Fire," which airs at 10 p.m. EST. After that and ending the marathon is "First Shot." The Mariel Hemingway movie airs at 12:10 a.m.
- The critically acclaimed Australian drama "Animal Kingdom" airs at 11:45 p.m. EST. Guy Pearce, Joel Edgerton, and Jackie Weaver star in the crime thriller.
- Starting at 10 p.m. EST is an action-packed double feature of Woody Harrelson movies. The first to air is the 1995 movie "Money Train." The second is "Denfendor," where Woody's character takes on a brutal underworld as a vigilante superhero. That will be airing at 11:55 p.m. EST.
- If you like your aliens with a little more drama, you'll enjoy this block that starts at 10 p.m. EST. James Spader's "Alien Hunter" kicks it off. The second one to air that night is John Carpenter's "Starman." It will be airing at 11:35 p.m. EST.
- The Sony Movie Channel is celebrating Thanksgiving with a block of nine Old West adventures. The event kicks off at 8:30 a.m. EST with "The Incredible Journey of Dr. Meg Laurel." The others are "Black Jack Ketchum, Desperado (10:55 a.m. EST), "Sierra Stranger" (12:15 p.m. EST), "Apache Territory" (1:35 p.m. EST), "The Nebraskan" (2:50 p.m. EST), "My Name is Nobody" (4 p.m. EST), "The Mountain Men" (6 p.m. EST), "Silverado" (7:45 p.m. EST) and "Broken Trail" (10 p.m. EST).