'Beatriz at Dinner,' 'Dolores,' among the U.S. Latino nominees for the 8th Annual Cinema Tropical Awards
Cinema Tropical has announced today (Dec. 21) the nominated films in the U.S. Latino cinema category for the 8th annual edition of the Cinema Tropical Awards. The awards honor the best Latin American and U.S. Latino film productions of the year.
So the six nominees for the Best U.S. Latino Films of 2017 are:
- "Beatriz at Dinner" (Miguel Arteta)
- "Dolores" (Peter Bratt)
- "Lupe Under the Sun" (Rodrigo Reyes)
- "Memories of Penitent Heart" (Cecilla Aldarondo)
- "Ovarian Psycos" (Kate Trumbull-LaValle and Johanna Sokolowski)
- "Southwest of Salem: The story of the San Antonio Four" (Deborah Esquenazi)
The winners of the 8th Annual Cinema Tropical Awards will be announced at a special evening ceremony at the New York Times company headquarters in New York City on Jan. 10, 2018. The winning films will then be showcased as part of the Cinema Tropical Festival, which will take place Feb. 2-4, 2018 at the Museum of the Moving Image in New York City.